DI staff specializes in working with organizations and individuals to achieve long-term sustainable and focused economic growth by building a diverse, innovative economy and workforce that provides opportunity and prosperity while respecting the environment. DI staff have developed programs and projects in response such economic trends and needs as:
- Green Jobs and Industries
- Business Incubation
- Workforce Development
- Partnership Building
- Improving Business Infrastructure
DI helps organizations develop and administer programs that bring economic transformation to families and neighborhoods, including:
- Developing and securing funding for collaborative efforts including educators, youth service providers, employers and government officials to develop and enhance regional workforce talent by preparing youth for green collar careers.
- Working with non-profit and governmental agencies to develop paid apprenticeship programs for at-risk youth.
- Conducting comprehensive evaluations with governmental entities to ensure the success of economic development programs and economic sustainability.
- Researching and securing grant funding for economic developments programs and projects such as urban and rural broadband expansion and employment programs designed for individuals with disabilities, tribal youth and at-risk youth.