DI staff specializes in developing solution-based programs and training to help students, parents, teachers, school personnel and administrators meet the challenges of a changing world by creating opportunities. We also provide complete grant services, helping you obtain and manage the grants you need to fund programs.
DI is committed to working with academic leaders to ensure student wellness and a positive school culture. DI staff has developed programs and projects in response to the following needs:
- Primary and Secondary Educational Performance Metrics
- Workforce Readiness Assessments
- Community and Stakeholder Consensus Building
- Drop-out Prevention
- Service Learning
- Human Resources Assessment
- Diversity and Cultural Sensitivity
- Media Literacy
- Grant Writing
- Information Technology
- Curriculum Development
- Program Evaluation
- Understanding Disability and Special Education
All DI services and training can be offered in both English and Spanish.
DI Staff Experience
- Developed and conducted a multi-level, internal and external approach to explore issues affecting Tribal youth including education, employment, and workforce readiness. Assessed current Tribal and community programming, resources, support, and opportunities available to tribal youth.
- Developed a collaborative partnership with local youth providers to obtain grant funding, and create and implement direct services for a statutorily regulated and comprehensive year-round At-Risk Youth Program for youth ages 14-21. This program, funded by the NM Department of Workforce Solutions, incorporated education and job training with leadership activities, community service learning, wrap-around support services, and a plethora of community resources.
- Conducted multiple needs assessments and focus groups for school districts, community youth providers, and city, state and tribal governments, which engaged diverse student populations.
- Designed and maintained the NM Public Education Department website utilizing a variety of computer programs and tools.
- Developed programs and secured grant funding for innovative programming such as: YouthBuild, Santa Fe Youth Corps, Street Science Program, City of Santa Fe River Restoration Program, and Green Industries.
- Conducted multiple bilingual youth, staff, and stakeholder evaluations including Second Step™ and LifeSkills™.
- Designed and implemented an award-winning drop-out recovery and prevention program that had community leaders and elected officials personally reach out and engage the local drop-out student population.